One student's blog about the experiences of creating a hypothetical, but hopefully awesome, social marketing campaign

Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

5 box

Small steps, I want to start with the 5-box and go back to brainstorming my STP.
But, since I'm not sure of my target audience, if it's the young man/boy or parents of said young man/boy, I'll do two.

Current Do: Nothing. Not getting the hpv vaccine.
Current Belief: Getting the hpv vaccine is not worthwhile, the cost is not worth it.
Consumer Proposition: The hpv vaccine protects greatly against genital warts and cervical cancer, and since there is no test for boys/men, it will help prevent them from being carriers of the most risky forms, and it's just a shot that lasts a lifetime.
Desired Belief: The hpv is worth the cost for improvement of life-long health, and it's easy.
Desired Do: Get the hpv vaccine. (At least the first dose, retention is a different story.)

Now that I've done that, I think that the the 5-box would actually look the same for both parents and young men, because the beliefs are the same. If parents or the actual men think that getting vaccinated is important and easy and worthwhile, than whoever the decision maker is, that is my target. Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers